Your personal information matters
Project::4 Global Events Ltd takes your data seriously, we would not want anything to happen to your personal information that would negatively affect the individuals we work with.
Your privacy is as important to us as it is to you. That’s why we care about how and where your personal information is used.
We create events for our customers and in order to do that we often need to retrieve and store your personal data – so it is important you know how and why we do this and the way in which your information is used.
If at any time you would like to find out more about your personal information and what we have you should contact Deborah Church, Client Services Director, who is our nominated Data protection officer.
What am I reading?
This explains what information we collect from you, how we use that data, how we share your data with others, how you can manage your information held by us and how you can contact us.
Tell me something I’d like to know
You will always have the option to opt out of marketing correspondence from us. We never send unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications. We will never share your data with anyone else who might. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We will periodically review our Privacy Notice so it’s worth checking back periodically for any updates.
What information do we collect?
We only collect information about you when you engage with our website or applications. We only collect minimal, necessary and relevant information for the purpose for which you are providing it for.
The information for which we can collect includes some or all of the following:
Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title, company contact details (including email addresses) and company details (some of which we may obtain from an online or public business directory); Any information within correspondence you send to us; Where you act on behalf of a business, any information we collect as part of business telemarketing activity.
How is this information used?
Purpose of Processing
Your data may be used for us to respond to your needs, for sales and other enquiries and for promoting our business services or products. Specifically, the reasons for processing your data may be:
- To respond to any correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us
- To undertake market analysis and research to better serve you as a client and provide tailored offers, products, and services that we think you will be interested in. We will only send marketing communications to you if there is a legitimate business interest
- To send you marketing information after you have purchased a product or service from us or made a purchasing enquiry. We’ll only contact you with information about our own products and services. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time
- To get in touch from time to time with marketing information (unless you object) if you have indicated to us that you are acting on behalf of a business or where we have obtained your business contact details from an online or public business directory. You will have the option to unsubscribe at any time
- To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights. For example, where you have asked us to refrain from contacting you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to comply with your request
- To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies.
The lawful basis that we identified for the above purposes is that of legitimate interest. This is in the form of us continuing to provide a service or product to you or establishing a business relationship to direct market to you.
Do we share your data?
We do not sell your information to third parties. However, we may disclose your information to third party suppliers who fulfil business activities for us, like marketing, events and market research, and to venues and destinations where an event you may be attending is taking place and other third party suppliers who provide a service on behalf of us and our clients to you.
We take steps to ensure that any third-party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and protect your information, just as we do. We only disclose personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf. We will aim to anonymise your information or use aggregated non-specific data wherever possible.
Due to the international nature of our business, there may be some instances where your information is processed or stored outside of the EU. The only instance of this occurring will be to pass your data to a supplier in order to carry out agreed works.
How can you control your data?
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You can also object to us using your personal information (where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information).
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 28 days after we have received any request (including any identification documents requested).
You have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you
- Correct and update your information
- Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object
- Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information
- Transfer your information in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine-readable format), where we need to process it in connection with your contract
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us, as your data controller, by using the details below:
Project::4 Global Events Ltd,
15 Cordwallis Business Park,
Telephone: +44 (0)1628 678700
Email: [email protected]
Registered in the UK – c/o Plan Target Partnership, Bray Business Centre Weir Bank Bray Berkshire SL6 2ED | Project::4 Global Events Limited – Trading as Project::4 | Company Reg no: 7148153 | VAT No: GB 985 1845 74
If you are unhappy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Email: [email protected]